Monday, October 16, 2017

A reflection: "Why do I want to be a teacher"

Why do I want to be a teacher?
Teacher is a person who teaches any other people so they, who don’t know become know because of they are taught. Become a teacher is not like you just teach and they will know. It’s more than that. You will face with people; different people, different characteristics, and different needs. So, what will you do with those differences? I say, it is not an easy job. That’s why you have to learn much before you become a teacher. So now, I am here in STKIP ST. Paul Ruteng, want to learn how to be a good teacher.
So, why do I want to be a teacher? This question is so reflective, I think. I’ve never thought about it before until I take this teacher ethics subject. I didn’t really know, why I want to be a teacher. It started when I couldn’t finish my study at Kupang., so I moved to Ruteng and started my study again. Because of in Ruteng, there are no any programs except teaching program, so I tried to sign in English teaching program. Initially, I never wanted to be a teacher. I just wanted to get my degree immediately. But, in my second year I’ve been here, I realize that I must be a teacher.
What I see in junior and senior high schools in Ruteng that there are too many students who don’t really like English subject. They feel that English is too hard for them. I don’t know, but I think English is fun. I love English more than any subject. So, I think I know why I want to be a teacher. I want to teach students with method that will not make them bored, so they will love English like I love English. It is the first. The second, we all know that English is an international language. When you apply for a job, English become a standard requirement. So, from this thing, I realize that I must help them to know and understand English. We don’t want our next generations become unemployment, right? So here, I have responsibility to teach them English, so they will know, understand, and love English like me, and also they can face the future and ready for globalization.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

No SARA ya Guys...